Saturday, December 19, 2009

2001 Mustang GT Cobra clone (Wasn't trying to build one, it just happened!)

2001 Mustang GT 4.6 auto. Shannon (My G/f) found this on craigslist. She really like it and I did too. I really loved my last Zinc Yellow GT. So Shannon, Ubil (RIP), and I piled into her jeep and headed out to Frisco to check it out. It already had some mods (throttlebody, plenum, cold air Cobra brakes). I liked it so we paid $9,000 cash and took it home. I already had a 01 IRS w/ 410's at the house waiting for the car. We put black Bullitts and '03 Mach 1 seats in the car and Eibach prokit on it.

I ended up giving the car to Shannon when I finished my '03 Cobra clone vert. She liked, but it wasn't flashy enough for her. I bought what was left of a 2004 Cobra; which included 2004 Cobra black/black suede seats, Cobra steering wheel, Cobra front and rear bumpers, Cobra hood, Cobra wing and mirrors. I got alot of extra Cobra parts from the wrecked '04 and with her stock parts off the car; I made all my money back and had all her Cobra parts painted the correct yellow then picked up a set of 2004 chrome Cobra wheels w/315 rear tires.

Picture from craigslist ad:

With black Bullitts

2v 4.6 engine

Black bullitts with deep dish rears

'01 Cobra hood and Mach 1 grille delete

Laps for Charity 2008 - His and Her's cars

Cobra clone



Dallas Mustang Open House 2009



Car show at Cedar Creek Lake 2008


No comments:

Post a Comment